Resources for Health and Well-being
Laughter. Long-time EMS friend, Ted Swartz, writes, "Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, improving resistance to disease." Watch a few Ted & Company videos here.
Area churches have cancelled Sunday morning worship. Some are offering virtual alternatives. Let us know of additions to this list by emailing FlamesStrong@easternmennonite.org
- Community Mennonite Church. A link to video worship will be posted by 8 a.m. for a service to watch on your own timeframe.
- Harrisonburg Mennonite Church podcast service, 10 a.m. on Sundays
- Horizons Christian Fellowship will live stream a worship service beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Park View Mennonite Church will live stream a worship service beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Resources and more...
- Elementary Gathering, Week #1 with Ms. Archer
- A message from the principals on Day #1 of distance learning
- Community Circle at Elkton Elementary with Seth Crissman, former EMS admissions counselor
- Rockingham County elementary music teacher, Angie Clemens, is posting videos for her students (she is a former EMS mom too!). She also posted this video link about making instruments for all elementary grades.
- Kindness 101: On the Road with Steve Hartman
- 10 things you can do to manage your health at home, a printable CDC resource
- A Harrisonburg community Facebook page to find resources and ways to volunteer and help others
- Kids for Peace, pdf download ideas and activities for elementary and middle school age
- Elwood Yoder reflects on teaching online after 38 years in the classroom
- Spiritual practices for health and well-being
- Scholastic Learn at Home site, recommended by Maria Archer, K-8 principal
Send suggestions for this page to FlamesStrong@easternmennonite.org.