This scholarship celebrates exceptional students who desire a greater awareness of themselves and their life’s possibilities, and who want to work towards reaching their full potential in a global and complex world.
Recipients of the Leadership Scholarship for New High School Students will receive up to 50 percent off of the regular high school tuition rate.*
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- High school students who do not attend EMS and will enter grades 9 through 12 in the next school year.
- Students who have demonstrated strong academic performance. Students who will enter grade 9 will be evaluated based on middle school grades and SOL proficiency; homeschool students will be evaluated based on review of course content and course work/testing.
- Excellent character, strong communication skills, a service orientation, and a desire to participate in an active school community.
- Demonstrated leadership in student’s current school, congregation, and/or community organization.
- Current participation in a co-curricular activity such as sports, drama, music, band, etc.
- An appreciation for the interconnectedness of all people, and a desire to make an impact on society.
Deadline for applications is March 15. One or more recipients of this scholarship will be chosen. Recipients will be notified beginning April 1.
*Tuition rate is calculated based on applicable tuition reductions. Scholarship discount will be applied after reductions are calculated. Families who qualify