“Community” is our Chapel and Gathering theme this year which began August 16 with 383 students: 106 in grades K to 5; 118 in 6 to 8; and 159 in 9 to 12.
- 53 faith communities are represented, including Christian, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, and multi-faith, and some with no affiliation
- 21% identify as various races and ethnicities which are not white
- 20% qualify for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program
- 27% receive needs-based tuition assistance
- 71% receive tuition support as discounts, scholarships, or other aid
- 100% benefit from donor support which makes the school possible
Jared Stutzman called faculty, staff and students to notice circles as he led opening music at the faculty/staff conference and the first chapel. “A circle is a beautiful thing… when you are inside it,” he said.. “…but it can really hurt if you are outside of the circle.”
Stay in touch as we learn about community – watch Chapel live or search for “Eastern Mennonite School Chapel” on YouTube.