As COVID-restrictions began to ease this spring, students enjoyed versions of some long-held EMS traditions.
- Fourth and fifth graders put on a play outdoors for the elementary school’s annual dessert theater.
- Community Service Day in outdoor nearby settings with small groups revived the tradition which took a hiatus last spring.
- Juniors and seniors enjoyed a banquet and party at the outdoor venue, On Sunny Slope Farm, May 1. Masks and distancing didn’t dampen the fun.
- A May 26 whirlwind senior trip to D.C. included the Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Museum of African-American History and Culture. The day ended with a (rained out) Nationals game.
- Senior presentations for Kingdom Living class – relegated to Zoom last year – took place in the auditorium with masked and distanced family and friends.
- Touring Choir sang together for the first time at Highland Retreat during E-term, shared a parents-only program in mid May, and a few outdoor church programs.