Prospective students and parents who are interested in applying for openings in grades 9 to 12 are encouraged to plan a visit. Virtual visits provide a time to learn about:
- Orchestra, choral music, theatre, and art electives such as stained glass and photography
- Robotics, physics, chemistry and university dual enrollment opportunities
- Elective classes such as Constitutional Law, African-American History, African-American Literature and Organizational Leadership
- Restorative discipline practices, and faith formation and values integration in the curriculum
- Service-learning opportunities
- Out-of-the-classroom experiential activities in the area, across the country and around the world
- Athletic teams, clubs, and intramurals
- April 14, 7 p.m. — Virtual Open House: Participants will walk through the school virtually, hear a brief over view by Marsha Thomas, admissions counselor and comments about high school teaching and learning philosophy by Justin King, 9-12 principal. Teachers will be available for questions.
- April 28, 9 a.m. — Virtual Open House: Participants will get a “peek” into classes as they are taking place, hosted by Marsha Thomas, admissions counselor. The session will open with some comments about high school teaching and learning philosophy by Justin King, high school principal.
- May 6, 9 a.m. — Virtual Coffee Chat with admissions counselor
- In-person school day visits scheduled on a case-by-case basis for admitted students.
You can learn more about high school oportunidades de becas aquí.
See more details and register at easternmennonite.org/visit. Call 540-236-6021 with questions.
A note about COVID-19: EMS anticipates starting the fall 2021 school year with the COVID mitigation practices in place that kept the school in person for nearly the entire 2020-21 school year. School leadership will make adjustments as they become safe, based on recommendations from the Virginia Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control.