Eastern Mennonite School seeks candidates who are passionate about nurturing children and youth in a Christ-centered environment to academic excellence with an emphasis on social and emotional well-being. Candidates will be committed to our vision of a learning community where every student belongs, thrives and lives God's call.
Teaching and staff openings
Eastern Mennonite School is in a search process for the position(s) listed below.
- International Student Officer: This person oversees the experience of international students at EMS from recruitment and admissions through successful completion of an academic year, including host family recruitment and support. This hourly position has flexible hours with some weeks busier than others. See a full job description. Download the application here. Contact Andrea Wenger, director of advancement, with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org; 540-236-6026.
- Mathematics teacher: Teach algebra I and precalculus with other opportunities available for either full- or part-time position. See faculty job description here. Download the application here. Contact Paul Leaman, head of school, with questions, email@example.com; 540-236-6012.
- Physical Education and Health teacher: Teach as part of a team for middle and high school PE and health curriculum. Other teaching interests for advanced PE electives, driver's education, behind the wheel, and/or coaching are a plus. See faculty job description here. Contact Paul Leaman, head of school, with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org; 540-236-6012.
- Main line cook, dining hall. Part-time with benefits during the school year. Tuition discount for employee children. Prepare main line menu items and components for the school lunch and other events. See full job description. Download the application here. Contact Deb Pardini, dining hall manager, with questions, email@example.com; phone 540-236-6008.
- Part-time bus driver(s). This is an hourly contract position (1099, no benefits) for part-time drivers for athletics and field trip transportation needs. Applicants must have a clean driving record and hold a CDL (class A or B) with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements. Flexible hours and scheduling are available, but interested parties should be available for day, evening, or weekend trips (no overnights). Contact Mike Stoltzfus, director of business affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-236-6040.
- Substitute Teachers: This is an hourly contract position for part-time substitutes. Candidates should enjoy working with students (grades K-12, K-5, or 6-12), be able to do general classroom management, and have a willingness to jump in when and wherever needed. Prior teaching experience is a bonus, but not required. Flexible hours and scheduling are available. Contact Christine Fairfield, front office manager, email@example.com or 540-236-6000.
Coaching position openings
Eastern Mennonite School Athletics is in a search process for the coaching position(s) below. Please express interest by emailing Andrew Gascho, athletic director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School/JV Boys Soccer
- Varsity Girls Basketball
- Varsity Boys Basketball
Eastern Mennonite School offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience, and is an equal opportunity employer.
It is our policy to practice equal opportunity without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in the application of any policy, practice, rule or regulation. Functioning as an integral part of the church, we can and do discriminate on the basis of religion in hiring decisions. Any form of harassment is absolutely prohibited.
For assistance related to Title IX or other civil rights laws, please contact OCR at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481, TDD 800-877-8339.