Homecoming 2021, Oct. 15-17
Join us for Homecoming Weekend, Oct. 15 and 16, 2021!
Classes ending in 1 and 6 will have five-year reunion gatherings. Reunion details here.
Everyone is welcome to athletic events, a music program, alumni recognition, and a picnic gathering.
If the impact of COVID-19 continues into fall 2021, we will adjust plans and post updates here.
Contact Erin Kennedy Hess, advancement assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-236-6025
Friday, October 15
9:55 a.m. -- Chapel featuring Homecoming theme or guest, auditorium
7 p.m. -- Girls varsity volleyball, gymnasium. Free admissions for EMS families and alumni.
Saturday, October 16
8:30 to 10 a.m. -- Homecoming Breakfast (*Registration and Fee)
- Alumni are invited to a buffet breakfast in the EMS dining hall
- 9 a.m., program: Paul Leaman, head of school, will share an update and recognize alumni award winners.
10 a.m to noon -- Self-guided building tours through the upper (middle and high) and lower (elementary) buildings.
11:30 a.m. -- Touring Choir rehearsal, EMS Auditorium
11: 30 a.m. -- Fun Run/Walk for all ages around EMS fields and athletic fields, hosted by cross country team. Free t-shirts to decorate beforehand.
Noon --Fan appreciation meal celebrating fall sports teams, hosted by the Booster Club and a great place for reunion groups to gather informally!
EMS families and alumni welcome! Former faculty and staff are invited to lunch and gathering with old friends!
- The Booster Club will provide a meal with donations accepted.
- Drinks available to purchase.
- Bring lawn chairs and tableware to save on disposables.
- Alumni reunion groups can have tables reserved by letting the advancement office know of your interest.
1:30 p.m. -- Varsity boys soccer. EMS soccer fields. Free.
4 to 6:30 p.m. -- EMS Music Celebration, EMS auditorium. Everyone is welcome for all or part of the program.
- 4 p.m. -- hymn sing led by Jared Stutzman from Hymnal, A Worship Book
- 4:30 -- Touring Choirs of 2020 and 21 each perform selections
- 5:15 -- Alumni groups
- 5:30 -- Instrumental program featuring current high school students in Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, Strings, Jazz Ensemble
- 6:15 -- closing "Benediction" with Touring Choirs, followed by congregational singing of "Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow" (#606/118).
Photo disclaimer: EMS staff will take photos and video footage during Homecoming Weekend. Please be aware that by attending activities, you consent to being photographed and video recorded and your image may used by EMS for future promotional, publicity, and editorial purposes.