Homecoming - October 18-20, 2019
Activities and fun for all ages, current students, families, alumni, and friends! There's something for everyone at this year's Homecoming Weekend activities, Friday, Oct. 18 through Sunday, Oct. 20. See schedule details below.
Five-year reunions will be held at various times throughout the weekend for those whose class year ends in '4 or '9. If you are unsure of your classmates' plans, contact the Alumni Office at 540-236-6025 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Evening -- several classes will have informal gatherings at area restaurants
5:30 p.m. -- Fan Appreciation (Tailgate) Meal celebrating our fall sports teams. Free. Registration very helpful for planning purposes.
- The Booster Club will provide a meal with donations accepted.
- Open to all. Special welcome to elementary and middle school students and families.
- Bring your own tableware if you'd like to save on the use of disposables.
- Games, face painting, spirit giveaways.
- Half-time fun for young fans under the lights on the turf.
Saturday, October 19
8:30 to 10 a.m. Homecoming Breakfast. Drop in any time after 8:30. Color Fun Run/Walk participants (see below) may eat after the run. $10 per person; 12 and under, free. Registration required.
- All alumni -- any age and grad year -- are welcome to stop by for coffee and breakfast foods in the dining hall and on the front lawn (weather permitting).
- 9:15 -- Greetings from Paul Leaman, Head of School, recognition of alumni award winners, and singing.
8:30 a.m. -- Color Fun Run/Walk for all ages. Register by Oct. 7 and get a t-shirt ($5). Complete a course around our athletic fields and through Park Woods. . Expect to be sprayed with water and powdered with color for a one-of-a-kind photo op and t-shirt souvenir!
10 a.m. to noon -- Building tours. Self guided stroll through the "upper" building (middle and high). Guided tours of the "lower" (elementary) building. Registration helpful for planning purposes.
11:30 a.m. -- Touring Choir 2019 rehearsal, auditorium.
Noon -- Various class reunions.
1 p.m. -- JV Volleyball and Varsity Volleyball vs. Broadway, EMS gym. Free to alumni, EMS students and families.
Evening -- Various class reunions.
7:30 -- Homecoming Concert, EMS Auditorium, featuring Junior and Senior Choirs, band and orchestra. Combined Junior and Senior Choir will also perform four selections from Haydn's The Creation and John Rutter's For the Beauty of the Earth, featuring players from EMS orchestra and at least one guest musician.
Special guest: Lori Snyder '79 Garrett, EMS Alumnus of the Year, who was lead architect on the auditorium building, which was completed in 2005.
Sunday, October 20
10 a.m. -- Worship Service, EMS Auditorium
Theme: They will know us by our love (class of '69 motto)
Scripture: John 13: 34-35
- Richard Shue '69, Lifetime Service Award recipient, and Lori Snyder '79 Garrett, Alumnus of the Year, will speak.
- Music by 2019 Touring Choir members under the direction of Jared Stutzman and congregational singing.
- The morning's offering will benefit our student financial aid program.