Friday, October 18
Evening -- several classes will have informal gatherings at area restaurants
4:30 p.m. -- Color Fun Run/Walk. All ages welcome! Free. Get a Homecoming T shirt and run or walk the 2.5 mile course created by our cross-country team around our athletic fields. Decorate your shirt with fabric markers and/or run/walk through the water spray and get covered in blue and gold chalk to create a one-of-a-kind t-shirt! Dogs welcome.
5:30 p.m. -- Fan Appreciation (Tailgate) Meal celebrating our fall sports teams. Free.
- The Booster Club will provide a meal with donations accepted.
- Open to all.
- Bring your own tableware if you'd like to save on the use of disposables.
- Games, face painting, spirit giveaways.
- Half-time fun for young fans under the lights on the turf.
Saturday, October 19
8 a.m. -- Registration and welcome table, Dining Hall foyer.
8:30 to 10 a.m. Homecoming Breakfast. Drop in any time. Dining hall foyer opens at 8. Buffet opens at 8:30. $10 per person; 12 and under, free.
8:30 a.m. -- Color Fun Run/Walk has been moved to Friday evening.
10 a.m. to noon -- Building tours. Self guided stroll through the "upper" building (middle and high). Guided tours of the "lower" (elementary) building.
11:30 a.m. -- Touring Choir 2019 rehearsal, auditorium.
Noon -- Various class reunions.
1 p.m. -- JV Volleyball and Varsity Volleyball vs. Broadway, EMS gym. Free to alumni, EMS students and families. Raffle giveaways and senior recognition.
Evening -- Various class reunions.
Photo disclaimer: EMS staff will take photos and video footage during Homecoming Weekend. Please be aware that by attending activities, you consent to being photographed and video recorded and your image may used by EMS for future promotional, publicity, and editorial purposes.
7:30 p.m. -- Homecoming Concert, EMS Auditorium, featuring Junior and Senior Choirs, Orchestra, Wind and Jazz Ensembles. Combined Junior and Senior Choirs will also perform four selections from Haydn's The Creation and John Rutter's For the Beauty of the Earth, featuring players from EMS orchestra and at least one guest musician.
Special guest: Lori Snyder '79 Garrett, EMS Alumnus of the Year, who was lead architect on the auditorium building, which was completed in 2005.
Sunday, October 20
10 a.m. -- Worship, EMS Auditorium
- Richard Shue '69, Lifetime Service Award recipient, and Lori Snyder '79 Garrett, Alumna of the Year, will speak.
- Music by 2019 Touring Choir members under the direction of Jared Stutzman and congregational singing.
- Prelude and offertory by Andry Stutzman, Perry Blosser and Caleb Schrock-Hurst, class of 2014.
- The morning's offering will benefit our student financial aid program.