Imagine a high school where...
- academic rigor is built around each student's unique gifts and passions rather than a one-size-fits-all model of multiple choice testing.
- discipline and accountability are met with restorative practices, emphasizing the inherent worth and dignity of each student.
- each student has a place to belong.
- teachers are empowered to teach in a way that called them to the profession in the first place.
- art and music are part of the core curriculum.
Imagine a high school whose mission statement and faith foundation calls students to serve others and to a life of integrity.
These are just some of the dreams we are working to make reality every day.
Come join us!
- Our high school curriculum incorporates hands on work, often with data collection, analysis, summary, presentation and reflection of content in all areas. In this way, students develop critical thinking and writing skills.
- In addition to what happens in a regular school day, high school students are required to participate in at least one Experiential Learning Course.
(E-Term) each year. E-Term is offered one week in April as well as in the summer in the form of Discovery Trips across the United States and international Touring Choir trips.
- During E-Term students select from a variety of experiences with a mix of students across grades. Destinations include the local community and far beyond.
- Summer Discovery trips are offered every other year for three- to four-weeks across the United States learning about water and land resources.
- A Touring Choir trip to several European countries every other summer offers performance opportunities in cathedrals and local churches, cultural exploration and faith development.
- High school music program includes:
- More than 50% of students 9-12 play an instrument at school
- Guitar class
- Junior choir, grades 8-10
- Senior choir, grades 11-12
- Auditioned Touring Choir and Chamber Singers with biannual international travel
- Student-led a capella groups and worship band
- Musical theater productions
- Orchestra and Band
- Jazz band and ensemble
- Digital recording class
- AV operator training
- In the visual arts, we offer two-dimensional and three-dimensional art education including drawing, painting, sculpting, ceramic pottery, printmaking and digital photography. Art club options are also available.
- High School students take part in a 20-minute chapel service for grades 6-12 four times a week. Students often lead or participate in chapel music, help with planning and sometimes speak.
- Students meet Bible class requirements with classes such as Kingdom Living as a senior.