VA Tax Credits
Join the program!
Applications and contributions for tax year 2023 are now being accepted.
Would you like to triple your impact?
- A contribution of $28,500 results in a $18,500 VA state tax credit, for a total out of pocket to you of $10,000! The program allows you to triple your impact!
- A contribution of $2,850 results in $1,850 for a total out of pocket to you of $1,000!
What is the tax credit program?
If you pay Virginia state taxes, you can complete some simple paperwork to have your gifts triple in value and support students!
The Virginia Education Improvement Scholarships Tax Credit Program makes this possible. The program provides tax credits of 65% of their donations to contributors who give for accredited private schools.
This year, EMS has 68 students who are each eligible for financial aid of about $6,750 in tax credit support.
Please help students gain access to financial aid of more than $460,000 through the tax credit program by considering a contribution for EMS. Credits are available on a first come, first served basis.
How it works - 3 easy steps
- Complete the Preauthorization Form (download PDF) and mail to:
VA Tax Credit Program - EMS
The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg- Rockingham
P.O. Box 1068, Harrisonburg, VA 22803.
- After you’ve received the tax credit approval, contribute through the Community Foundation within 180 days, including a separate note with your preference to support eligible EMS students. Please note that their offices are closed December 30-31.
- Claim your Virginia tax credit when completing your tax returns (you will receive a tax credit certificate from the dept. of education).
Let us know of your participation so we can track the available credits and say thank you!
"The tax credit program has allowed us to give considerably more than we could have otherwise!
For us, we’ve contributed toward the end of the year, around October or November, and we don’t receive the credit until we do our taxes. That delay between the contribution and credit is important to keep in mind. Even so, our “out of pocket” result has been about a quarter of what EMS receives, so it has been a great way to bless the school and maximize our giving."
- Current parent
"When we realized we would be able to triple our giving from last year through the program, to me it was a no-brainer! Our contribution will have a more significant impact for the school and the same effect for us out of pocket."
Interview with Joelle Blosser by Paul Leaman at a recent virtual event in October 2021 Mr. Leaman’s questions | Joelle Blosser’s response Joelle’s a fantastic representative of our student body. She’s heavily engaged in different things from music to athletics, and I just have a few questions for her. She’s also a recipient of some…