Middle and High School
Family Visit Days. Families with students entering middle and high school in the fall of 2023 are invited to visit on the following dates:
- Mon, Jan 23, 8:15 a.m. for middle and high school visitors
- Fri, Feb 24, 8:15 a.m. for middle and high school visitors
- Mon, Apr 3, 8:15 a.m. for middle and high school visitors
Students and parents/guardians will come to the upper building at 801 Parkwood Drive, Harrisonburg.
Parents will tour the building, meet school personnel, and learn about the admissions process, financial aid, and other insights about school life. There will also be time to answer any questions. The parent visit will conclude at 9:45. Afterward, they are invited to stay for chapel if interested.
Student visitors will shadow a current EMS student for a half-day visit in their grade. They will attend classes, attend chapel, and eat lunch before departure at 12 noon.
Contact Marsha Thomas, admissions counselor, to register at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 540-236-6021.
Private Tours. If your family prefers a private tour, contact email@example.com or 540-236-6021 to arrange a visit when convenient.
Interested in an elementary visit? Contact Marsha Thomas to learn about openings in elementary school and visit opportunities. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-236-6021.
"I LOVE what EMS provides for our children. Caring, community, connection, and prioritizing children’s well-being." — October 2021 Facebook post by a mother of children in elementary, middle and high school at EMS.
"Our son has attended EMS since kindergarten and we couldn't imagine a better learning or athletic environment for him. When it came time for our granddaughter to start kindergarten, EMS wasn't only our first choice, it was our only choice." —Robin, 12th grade parent.
"Hannah has enjoyed the outdoor play areas at EMS. She comes home telling us about the forts they made, berry soup, and playing in the streams. Her love for nature and class time outside is one of the highlights of her day." —Ramona, '94 alum and 4th grade parent.
"My kids are so happy to be attending EMS! They love being able to be with their friends. It makes a big difference for them to have interactive learning which gives them a sense of community and support." —Melinda, 6th and 9th grade parent.
- Explore middle and high school through this video.
- Read articles on our news blog, check out posts on Facebook and Instgram @emschool.
- Visit website sections dedicated to: elementary, middle and high school.
- Learn about student life and other activities on our EMS YouTube channel
- Listen to a recent chapel (grades 6 to 12) at our EMS chapel YouTube channel.
- Learn more about our commitment to musical excellence on the EMS Touring Choir YouTube channel
- Explore scholarship opportunities for new high schools students.
Eastern Mennonite School does not discriminate on the basis of any race, color, handicap, national or ethnic origin, or religion, and admits students to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
For assistance related to Title IX or other civil rights laws, please contact OCR at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481, TDD 800-877-8339.