Join our 1917 Circle by including EMS in your will to create lasting impact. With over a century of roots, nurtured by donors, we also seek wings for our students. Gifts through wills and other planned gifts position EMS to continue calling students to faith, excellence, integrity and service, even as the world and our community continues to change.
You can create a plan that leaves a legacy for others in ways that honor you, your family and God.
- Estate gifts often strengthen the EMS endowment, joining other funds that will continue to grow and sustain EMS, far into our 2nd Century.
- Other planned gifts take capital projects like Let the Children Come from a dream to reality!
Giving is a personal decision and must be right for your and your family. Deferred gifts are an excellent way for you to:
- receive significant benefits while you’re living
- leave a legacy for the benefit of future generations
- minimize tax obligations.
We are ready to help! Eastern Mennonite School has relationships with trusted attorneys, wealth advisors, Everence, and The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg/Rockingham. If you are interested in more information about planned giving, please contact Paul Leaman or Trisha Blosser. You can also explore more ways to give.
Here are some examples of creative ways you can give generously through Charitable Planned Gifts:
- Assets including
- Stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- IRAs or other retirement accounts
- Real estate, and personal property
- Deferred Gifts
- Charitable bequests (thru wills)
- Life Insurance
- Gifts that give back to you or your heirs
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Life Estate Agreements
- Charitable Lead Trusts