Our community is enhanced by people from varied backgrounds locally and around the world. We have a long history of welcoming international students from many countries including Albania, China, Colombia, Germany, Iran, Israel, Korea, Paraguay, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Uganda. We accept international applications for grades 9-12.
We are located two hours by car from Washington, D.C., and are located in the same town as several colleges and universities.
Our international program is designed to foster a student’s English proficiency with individualized instruction and excellent academics. We offer a wide variety of courses in math and science, technology, the humanities, and the creative and performing arts. Students work one-to-one with faculty and with our College & Career counselor for a transcript that is well suited for college admissions.
International EMS students live with a host family where they gain skills to prepare them for independent living in the U.S. if they attend university here. We offer an annual trip to a TOEFL testing center for continued measurement of English language progress.
Recent international graduates have attended Boston University, Pennsylvania State University, University of California-San Diego, University of Maryland, University of Miami, Virginia Tech, Washington & Lee University, and Washington University in St. Louis.
Contact our Admissions Office for further information at email@example.com or +540-236-6021.
International Application Requirements
- Online application: Click here to begin.
- Request three references and list them in your application. They should include a parent reference plus references from two current teachers.
- Request school records with an explanation of the grading system, translated into English, be sent to EMS admissions.
- TOEFL iBT® or iTEP® SLATE test for English proficiency.
- Copy of passport.
- Video interview with Marsha Thomas, admissions counselor.
- Comprehensive physical by a doctor before leaving home. The VA School Entrance Physical form must be completed and students must be provided with immunizations required by the state of Virginia.
- Application deadline:
- Fall semester entrance in August: April 30 with an application fee of $100US. Applications submitted May 1 or later are charged a $350US application fee.
- Spring semester entrance in January: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and application fee.
국제학생 입학 요구사항
- 온라인 지원서: 작성을 위해 이곳을 누르세요. 지원서에서 “international”을 선택하여 주세요.
- 지원서에 3명의 관련인(레퍼런스)를 기재하여 주세요. 학부모 외 현직 교사 2명을 포함하여야 합니다.
- 학교생활 기록부와 함께 내신 등급법에 대한 설명을 영어로 번역하여 학교에 제출하여 주세요.
- TOEFL iBT ® 혹은 iTEP ® 영어 능력 시험 점수
- 여권 사본
- 입학상담가인 Marsha Thomas 과 인터뷰를 마쳐주세요.
- 국제학생은 미국 입국 전 의사를 방문하여 신체검사를 완료하여 주세요. 의사는 ‘버지니아 입학 신체검사 서류’를 작성하고 버지이나 주에서 요구하는 백신을 접종해 주어야 합니다. 버지니아 필수 예방 접종은 아래 링크를 확인하여 주세요.
- 2021년 8월 가을 학기 입학: 지원서는 2020년 11월 1일부터 2021년 4월 30까지 신청하여 주세요. 신청비는 100달러이며 4월 30일 이후에 제출되는 지원서는 350달러의 신청비가 부과됩니다.
- 2021년 1월 봄 학기 입학: 2021년 봄 학기를 희망하는 학생은 입학처에 입학 가능 여부와 신청 비용에 대하여 직접 문의하여 주세요.
We require a TOEFL iBT® score of 57 and an iTEP® SLATE score of 4.5 for admission.
The admissions counselor, Marsha Thomas, will interview the student by video call. This will be arranged during the admissions process. It will last approximately 45 minutes.
Acquiring a Visa
Once admitted and enrolled, the admissions office will send the student an I-20 form to apply for an F-1 visa from the U.S. Embassy in the student's home country.
All new international students are required to attend an orientation in mid August, one week before classes begin. We strongly encourage parents to accompany their student to orientation and make arrangements to stay in the area for several days as their student adjusts. We are happy to assist parents with lodging.
Orientation week offers students time to settle into their new home and offers parents an opportunity to meet the host family and school personnel. During orientation, students learn about the school and complete placement tests to ensure the appropriate support.
Faculty, staff and the international student advocate provide support throughout the year. Special activities for international students and yearly transportation to a TOEFL testing center will be planned. The international student advocate will also assist students with travel arrangements for Christmas and summer breaks.