We are located two hours by car from Washington, D.C., and are near several colleges and universities.
Our international program is designed to improve a student’s English proficiency with individualized instruction and excellent academics. We offer a wide variety of courses in math and science, technology, the humanities, and the creative and performing arts. Students work one-to-one with faculty and with our College & Career Counselor for a transcript that is well suited for college admissions.
International students live with a host family so that they can prepare for independent living in the U.S. and for greater success at an English-speaking university. Living with a family greatly increases a student's English proficiency.
Recent international graduates have attended Franklin and Marshall College, James Madison University, Rutgers University, St. Louis University, Syracuse University, University of Arizona, University of California-San Diego, University of Tampa, and Virginia Tech.
Contact the admissions office for further information at email@example.com or +540-236-6021.
International Application Requirements
Online application: Click here to begin.
- Request two references: English teacher reference and math teacher reference.
- Request school records with an explanation of the grading system, translated into English, be sent to EMS admissions.
- iTEP® SLATE or Duolingo test for English proficiency. Minimum score is 4.0 (iTEP®) or 106 (Duolingo).
- Copy of passport and proof of funding.
- Video interview with the admissions office.
- Comprehensive physical by a doctor before leaving home. The VA School Entrance Physical form must be completed and students must be provided with immunizations required by the state of Virginia.
- Application deadline:
- Fall semester entrance in August: May 1 with an application fee of $250US.
- Mid-year entrance: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and availability.
온라인 신청: 시작하려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
두 가지 참고 자료를 요청하세요. 영어 교사 참고 자료와 수학 교사 참고 자료입니다.
성적 체계에 대한 설명이 포함된 학교 기록을 요청하고 영어로 번역하여 EMS 입학처로 보냅니다.
영어 능력을 위한 iTEP® SLATE 테스트. 최소 점수는 4.0입니다. 영어 능력을 위한 Duolingo® 테스트. 최소 점수는 106입니다.
여권 사본 및 자금 증빙 자료.
학교의 국제 학생 담당관과의 비디오 인터뷰.
집을 떠나기 전에 의사의 종합적인 신체 검사. VA 학교 입학 신체검사 양식을 작성해야 하며 버지니아 주에서 요구하는 예방 접종을 학생들에게 제공해야 합니다.
8월 가을 학기 입학: 5월 1일(신청비 $250US)
중기 입학: 정보 및 이용 가능 여부는 Admission@eastmennonite.org에 문의하세요.
We require an iTEP® SLATE score of 4.0 or a Duolingo score of 106 for admission.
The admissions counselor will interview the student by video call. This will be arranged during the admissions process. It will last approximately 45 minutes.
Acquiring a Visa
Once admitted and enrolled, the admissions office will send the student an I-20 form to apply for an F-1 visa from the U.S. Embassy in the student's home country.
All new international students are required to attend an orientation in mid-August, one week before classes begin. We strongly encourage parents to accompany their student to orientation and make arrangements to stay in the area for several days as their student adjusts. We are happy to assist parents with lodging.
Orientation week offers students time to settle into their new home and offers parents an opportunity to meet the host family and school personnel. During orientation, students learn about the school and complete placement tests to ensure the appropriate support.
Faculty, staff, and host families provide support for students throughout the year. The admissions office will also assist students with travel arrangements for Christmas and summer breaks.