Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
Our K-12 PTF
- provides opportunities for parents and teachers to interact informally;
- is a place for parents to share ideas and concerns with faculty and administration;
- supports the intersection of school, home and church in our students' education;
- shares appreciation for school staff;
- offers a supportive setting for parents to get to interact.
During normal times, PTF meets monthly, alternating morning and evening start times. After a joint gathering, the group divides into elementary and 6-12 groups. Smaller groups focus efforts on fundraising, volunteer coordination and communication.
For fall 2020, due to COVID-19, gatherings will happen via Zoom. The EMES PTF will meet the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. MS/HS Parent Class Representatives will meet separately at a yet to be determined time. Parents can watch for links to those meetings in the Blazin' Bulletin (6-12) and EMES Notes (K-5)
Food is a big part of how we build community together at EMS and parents are generous with their culinary gifts! Parents provide refreshments for gatherings and in honor of teacher recognition or other days. We are grateful!