This scholarship is generously funded by Blauch Brothers Mechanical Contractors of Harrisonburg, Virginia. The scholarship is to encourage students to pursue science, technology, engineering, or math interests.
Recipients of the Blauch Brothers STEM Scholarship will receive up to $3,000 per year off of the regular high school tuition rate.
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Rising 9th-12th grade students. The award follows a student through graduation. For example, if a student is awarded their scholarship for their sophomore year, if they maintain requirements, they would also receive the award their junior and senior years.
- Students must have 3.0 grade point average at the time of application and maintain the 3.0 grade point average throughout their scholarship.
- Families must qualify for financial aid through the FACTS application process.
- Preference will be given to students with STEM-related (science, technology, engineering, and math) course or interest requirements or vocational training. Recipients must take 6-10 STEM courses throughout their scholarship.
To be considered for the scholarship:
- Apply to EMS and apply for FACTS tuition assistance.
- Submit a STEM-related project as part of your application. You may submit work that includes programming, hacking, coding, or hardware elements. Your project can be a work-in-progress or something you have recently finished. You may submit your project one of the following ways:
- Bring your project to the EMS admissions office.
- Create a slideshow with photos and descriptions of your project.
- Create a video showing your project and describing it to email@example.com
- Schedule a time to share about your project! You will visit EMS to tell us about your work. Plan to describe how you created it, share any challenges you faced, and tell us how you solved any problems you encountered. If your project is unfinished, share your plans for completing it. Contact Marsha Thomas, admissions counselor, at 540-236-6021 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your presentation.
*Scholarship recipients must qualify for FACTS tuition assistance. Scholarship discount will be applied after tuition assistance is calculated.
Blauch Brothers, Inc. is a comprehensive mechanical contracting company that's locally owned and serves west central Virginia. James W. Blauch, Sr. founded the business in 1954 with a dedication to commitment, dependability, trust, and excellence. Second-generation owner, James W. Blauch, Jr. (EMS class of '78) continues operating the business based on the values and Christian principles passed down by the founder. Sons Matthew '10 and Christopher '12, are also part of the award-winning safety program that provides quality services in Harrisonburg and surrounding communities. EMS is proud to partner with them on this scholarship.