These shows are SOLD OUT.
***NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR ON PERFORMANCE NIGHTS***
If you would like to be added to the waiting list for tickets, if any become available, email or phone our Advancement office: email@example.com - 540-236-6000.
A video streaming option for a nominal fee is being negotiated for viewing in November. Please check back for more information!
Thursday: Sold out Friday: Sold out Saturday: Sold out
Eastern Mennonite School presents Les Misérables, October 29, 30 and 31 at 7 p.m.
The musical by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michael Schönberg is based on the novel by Victor Hugo and tells the story of French peasant Jean Valjean and his desire for redemption after serving 19 years in jail for stealing a loaf of bread for his starving niece.
Performances are Thursday, Friday (SOLD OUT) and Saturday, October 29, 30 and 31 at 7 p.m., on the grounds behind the school’s auditorium. Inclement weather dates are Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, November 5, 7 and 8 (6 p.m.). The show runs approximately 180 minutes (includes intermission).
Seating is limited due to COVID-19 precautions. Tickets will be made available first to performers families and EMS community members. Remaining tickets, if available, will go on sale October 19.
Seating will be in 8X8 foot reserved blocks with no more than four people per block. Ticket holders will have their blocks reserved as their orders come in. First group receive block 1, or block 15 depending on where they purchased the ticket. They will receive their reserved block number when they arrive.
- Front row: $20 per adult, $15 child under 10 (setting and length not encouraged for very young children).
- Subsequent rows: $15 per adult; $10 for children under 10 (setting and length not encouraged for very young children).
- Cost will be $20 per person at the gate, night of if any tickets remain.
- EMS students get one free ticket, up to $10 and are encouraged to reserve their ticket before the night of the show.
- Students in the musical get two free tickets. Up to $15
- Faculty and staff get two free tickets and are encouraged to reserve their tickets as soon as possible. Up to $15
- Tickets will go on sale to school families October 5
- Tickets will go on sale to faculty and staff October 12
- Tickets will go on sale to the public October 19
- All patrons will be required to wear protective face coverings at all times, even within family groups. EMS retains the right to ask patrons to leave who are not wearing face coverings.
- Bring your own lawn chair and blankets. Rows will be staggered to facilitate viewing, but no chairs with coverings or tents or anything that would obstruct the view of people behind you are allowed.
- Restrooms in the building will be available and access monitored for safe usage.
- Parking will be in the auditorium lots.
- No parking or seating is available for people with accessibility challenges.
- Read the full story.
We anticipate making a video of the production available on line for a nominal fee. Details are still in negotiation. The link and information will be posted here if and when it is available.
Eastern Mennonite School is located at 801 Parkwood Drive, Harrisonburg. Access the auditorium from Parkwood Dr. Turn off of Route 42 onto Parkwood Dr., go past the main building and turn left into the parking lot. Watch for signs. Proceed to the large lot behind the building.