Friday, October 18
Evening -- several classes will have informal gatherings at area restaurants
5:30 p.m. -- Fan Appreciation (Tailgate) Meal celebrating our fall sports teams. Free. Registration very helpful for planning purposes.
- The Booster Club will provide a meal with donations accepted.
- Open to all. Special welcome to elementary and middle school students and families.
- Bring your own tableware if you'd like to save on the use of disposables.
- Games, face painting, spirit giveaways.
- Half-time fun for young fans under the lights on the turf.
Photo disclaimer: EMS staff will take photos and video footage during Homecoming Weekend. Please be aware that by attending activities, you consent to being photographed and video recorded and your image may used by EMS for future promotional, publicity, and editorial purposes.
Saturday, October 19
8 a.m. -- Registration and welcome table, Dining Hall foyer.
8:30 to 10 a.m. Homecoming Breakfast. Drop in any time after 8:30. Color Fun Run/Walk participants (see below) may eat after the run. $10 per person; 12 and under, free. Registration required.
- All alumni -- any age and grad year -- are welcome to stop by for coffee and breakfast foods in the dining hall and on the front lawn (weather permitting).
- 9:15 -- Greetings from Paul Leaman, Head of School, recognition of alumni award winners, and singing.
8:30 a.m. -- Color Fun Run/Walk for all ages. Register by Oct. 7 and get a t-shirt ($5). Complete a course around our athletic fields and through Park Woods. Expect to be sprayed with water and powdered with color for a one-of-a-kind photo op and t-shirt souvenir!
10 a.m. to noon -- Building tours. Self guided stroll through the "upper" building (middle and high). Guided tours of the "lower" (elementary) building. Registration helpful for planning purposes.
11:30 a.m. -- Touring Choir 2019 rehearsal, auditorium.
Noon -- Various class reunions.
1 p.m. -- JV Volleyball and Varsity Volleyball vs. Broadway, EMS gym. Free to alumni, EMS students and families.
Evening -- Various class reunions.
7:30 p.m. -- Homecoming Concert, EMS Auditorium, featuring Junior and Senior Choirs, Orchestra, Wind and Jazz Ensembles. Combined Junior and Senior Choirs will also perform four selections from Haydn's The Creation and John Rutter's For the Beauty of the Earth, featuring players from EMS orchestra and at least one guest musician.
Special guest: Lori Snyder '79 Garrett, EMS Alumnus of the Year, who was lead architect on the auditorium building, which was completed in 2005.
Sunday, October 20
10 a.m. -- Worship Service, EMS Auditorium
Theme: They will know us by our love (class of '69 motto)
Scripture: John 13: 34-35