Jesus is the center of our faith. Community is the center of our life. Reconciliation is the center of our work.
All students, K-12, students are challenged daily to consider how to live as followers of Jesus. We learn, worship, pray, eat, sing and play together. We encourage each other in hard times and celebrate each others’ accomplishments. We look beyond ourselves and our own community to how we serve others.
- Big and Little pairs. Middle school students mentor elementary students. Juniors and seniors are paired with new middle school students.
- We Serve club for high school students. A group for students who want to serve the school through hosting visitors for the admissions office, and doing a variety of monthly outreach programs in the broader community.
- Chapel for grades 6-12, to hear from alumni, faculty, staff and guest speakers, to learn about issues, be challenged in their faith walk, and pray.
Bible and Peacebuilding Curriculum
- Bible teachers in all divisions use the Encounter curriculum developed by the Mennonite Schools Council. Encounter focuses on holistic faith formation through encounters with God, each other and creation.
- Elementary students use the Encounter curriculum as well as a peacebuilding curriculum. Concepts are integrated through the school's life together.
Service to others
Service to others — close to home and around the world – is emphasized at all grade levels.
“Service” is broadly defined to include acts of kindness to peers, respect to teachers, as well as hands-on experiences. These include a school-wide community service day, and smaller groups doing trash clean up, making meals for a homeless shelter, reading to preschoolers, volunteering at a thrift shop, or raising money to purchase supplies for refugee kits.
We Serve is a club that raises money to do service projects at least monthly. National Honor Society students complete community service hours as part of their responsibilities.
EMS Faith Community News
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.