Homecoming 2021, Oct. 15-17
Join us for Homecoming Weekend, Oct. 15-17, 2021!
Classes ending in 1 and 6 will have five-year reunion gatherings. Everyone is welcome to athletic events, a music program, worship, alumni recognition, and a picnic gathering.
If the impact of COVID-19 continues into fall 2021, we will adjust plans and post updates here.
Contact Erin Kennedy Hess, advancement assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-236-6025
Friday, October 15
9:55 a.m. -- Chapel, EMS Auditorium, featuring alumni award winner
7 p.m. -- Varsity Girls Volleyball in the gym. Free for all.
Saturday, October 16
8:30 to 10 a.m. -- Homecoming Breakfast (*Registration and Fee)
- All alumni -- any age and grad year -- are welcome to stop by for a buffet breakfast in the EMS dining hall and on the front lawn (weather permitting)
- 9 a.m., program: Paul Leaman, head of school, will share an update and recognize alumni award winners.
10 a.m to noon -- Self-guided building tours through the upper (middle and high) and lower (elementary) buildings.
11:30 a.m. -- Rehearsal for 2020 Touring Choir, EMS Auditorium
11: 30 a.m. -- Fun Run/Walk for all ages around EMS fields and athletic fields, hosted by cross country team. Free t-shirts to decorate beforehand.
Noon --Fan appreciation meal celebrating fall sports teams, hosted by the Booster Club and a great place for reunion groups to gather informally! EMS families and alumni welcome! *Registration helpful.
- The Booster Club will provide a meal with donations accepted.
- Drinks available to purchase.
- Bring lawn chairs and tableware to save on disposables.
- Alumni reunion groups can have tables reserved by letting the advancement office know of your interest.
2 p.m. -- Varsity boys soccer. EMS soccer fields. Free.
7:30 p.m. -- Homecoming Concert, EMS Auditorium featuring Junior and Senior Choirs, and Orchestra.
Sunday, October 17
10 a.m. -- Worship, EMS Auditorium.
- Reflections by alumni award winners
- Music by 2021 Touring Choir members under the direction of Jared Stutzman
- Special music by alumni musicians
- The morning’s offering will benefit our student financial aid program
Photo disclaimer: EMS staff will take photos and video footage during Homecoming Weekend. Please be aware that by attending activities, you consent to being photographed and video recorded and your image may used by EMS for future promotional, publicity, and editorial purposes.