Make a gift to the 2nd Century Annual Fund and support the mission of Eastern Mennonite School to join home and church in calling students to faith in Jesus Christ, academic excellence, personal integrity and compassionate service in the world as we embark on our 2nd century. You can also support students through Christmas Fund Drive.
Interested in supporting the Covid-19 aid fund? Visit the webpage to learn more.
2nd Century Annual Fund gifts:
- Help us make an EMS education affordable through supporting financial aid at all levels;
- Allow us to hire and support faculty who are excellent in their discipline and committed in their faith;
- Enable us to provide one-on-one mentoring and support to students at all levels;
- Provide experiential learning opportunities such as week-long E-term (high school) and Explore week (middle school) adventures;
- Support the arts at EMS, where music has flourished for a century and continues in choirs, orchestra, wind ensemble, Touring and Chamber Choirs which lead worship in the area and at a distance;
- Create space for children to explore their God-given gifts, flourish as unique individuals, gain leadership skills and develop lifelong emotional intelligence
- Serve in the local community and with each other.
We depend on support from alumni and friends to make this K-12 experience available in the Shenandoah Valley. Imagine our graduates launching into our local community and far beyond, shaped by their K-12 experience to contribute wherever they land, honoring God and serving others.
Why do you give?
“We continue to give because we want other students to have the same experience at EMS that our son did.”
Mother of ’93 alum.
Please join us
Generous contributions from parents, grandparents, friends, and alumni to the 2nd Century Fund have an immediate and tangible impact on our mission. Your support through the 2nd Century Fund touches every aspect of the school, from flexible tuition to professional development, technology to the arts, athletics, musical programs, and college and career counseling.
To pay by check, make payable to Eastern Mennonite School with “2nd Century Fund” in the memo line to: 801 Parkwood Drive, Harrisonburg VA 22802
Regular monthly gifts, or one-time donations, are easy to set up through our online form by clicking on the button below. Any questions? Contact Trisha Blosser, development officer.
Annual Giving Levels
- Spark — $1 – $249
- Flicker — $250 – $499
- Ember — $500 – $999
- Flare — $1,000 – 4,999
- Flame — $5,000 and above
Become a Sustaining School Supporter through monthly contributions! Sign up for automatic withdrawal from your account for easy, regular giving.
- $10 a month puts you at the Spark level
- $25 a month puts you at the Glow level
- $50 a month puts you at the Flicker level
- $84 a month puts you at the Flare level
Gifts by EMS alumni to the 2nd Century Annual Fund are a testament to school loyalty and a way to have some fun with your giving. As you and your former classmates come together in generosity to your alma mater, your gifts are credited to your graduation year.
Check the total giving by your class in the most recent giving year (June 1-July 30) and then invite your classmates to join you in exceeding last year’s total.
The class with the greatest number of individual gifts and the class with the highest amount donated each year will each be recognized in Today magazine, on social media, and at Homecoming.