As of March 21, 2019, we have funded the move-in goal for our Let the Children Come campaign!
Thank you to the dozens of donors who have made gifts and pledges totaling around $3.68 million!
The campaign helped us to bring our full K-12 program together on to one campus after being separated since 2005 when we established our K-5 program.
The donations allow us to:
- Give new life to an old building!
- Renovate classrooms on first and second floor of the building.
- Add a welcoming entrance with office space.
- Complete music and art rooms in the lower level.
Since summer 2018, we have:
- Moved K-5 to main building for the renovation period
- Completed asbestos abatement and tree removal
- Gutted the building
- Demolished the recording studio
- Procured soil disturbance and foundation permits from the city
- Constructed a sediment pond for erosion control
- Reinforced lower level walls and foundation with steel and grout in preparation for helical pier installation
- Enlarged window openings to let in optimal natural light
Even as we move forward on the renovation, we are seeking funds to Build a Bridge. This outdoor learning space will connect the two school sites and ensure smooth drop off and pick up.
In the future, we will seek support to add a Gathering Space to the renovated building. This facility will be a place where community building happens every day, much like the family room in one’s home.
Support the project
To talk about how you can continue to support the project, contact Paul Leaman, head of school, 540-236-6012.