Music education was a primary goal when EMS was founded more than 100 years ago. Today, the creative spark in every student in all divisions is nurtured through music, other performing arts and the visual arts.
We believe artistic expression is part of how we experience God and develop fully as people of faith.
Read reflections from Jared Stutzman, choir director, on why we sing.
Elementary music program includes:
- Strings (in Spanish), grade 1, twice per week
- Twice weekly music classes, K-5
- Weekly choir, grades 3-5
- Weekly K-5 Gathering include singing
- Two K-5 programs per year include singing, instruments and dance
Middle and high school music program includes:
- More than 50% of students 6-12 play an instrument at school
- Instrument and choral music classes required, grades 6-8
- High school guitar
- 7th grade choir
- Jazz band and ensemble
- Junior choir, grades 8-10
- Senior choir, grades 11-12
- Auditioned Touring Choir and Chamber Singers with biannual international travel
- Student-led acapella groups and worship band
- Musical theater productions
- Orchestra and Band
- Digital recording class
- AV operator training
Touring and Chamber Choirs
Learn more about our auditioned Touring and Chamber Choirs which tour locally each spring and internationally every other summer.